The purpose of the National Fall Prevention Stand-Down is to raise awareness of preventing fall hazards in construction. Fatalities caused by falls from elevation continue to be a leading cause of death for construction workers, accounting for 269 of the 775 construction fatalities recorded in 2012. Those deaths were preventable. Fall prevention safety standards were among the top 10 most frequently cited OSHA standards, during fiscal year 2012.
Companies can conduct a Safety Stand-Down by taking a break to have a toolbox talk or another safety activity such as conducting safety equipment inspections, developing rescue plans, or discussing job specific hazards. Managers are encouraged to plan a stand-down that works best for their workplace anytime during the week of June 2-6, 2014. (OSHA.org)
• PLAN ahead to get the job done safely.
• PROVIDE the right equipment.
• TRAIN everyone to use the equipment safely.
Here at Tanner we want to make sure you can provide all the correct Fall Safety Equipment to your workers. A typical Personal Fall Arrest System (PFAS) incorporates three components often described as the ABC’s of fall protection. The anchorage/anchorage connector, body support and connecting device, when used together, form a complete system for maximum worker protection. But don’t forget about another required component of any fall protection program — the descent, rescue and retrieval of a fallen worker.
Anchors are a secure point of attachment. Anchorage connectors vary by industry, job, type of installation and structure. They must be able to support the intended loads and provide a sufficient factor of safety.
Body support is typically a full body harness. Harnesses distribute fall forces over the upper thighs, pelvis, chest and shoulders. They provide a connection point on the worker for the personal fall arrest system.
Connectors such as shock absorbing lanyards or self retracting lifelines connect a worker’s harness to the anchorage.
DESCENT & RESCUE:
These are devices used to raise or lower a fallen injured worker to safety or retrieve him from a confined space.
Shop for all your Fall Safety ABC’s with the banner below.
Today only buy $250 worth of products and receive free shipping! Raise your total to over $500 and you will receive a Free M.K. Morse RBKITDM01 Demolition Reciprocating Saw Blade Kit. This kit includes 11 reciprocating saw blades and a bonus storage tube: (3) RBR662811, (2) ea. RB66206, RB66210, RB96206, RBR962811, and Storage Tube. No better time then now to buy Fall Protection and Safety Products! Stock up on everything you need to take advantage of these two great deals we are offering today.
Torx® Tamper-Resistant Screws are characterized by their unique, six point, star shaped pattern. The star design provides various benefits, including preventing cam-out and increased ease in maintaining a consistent torque. Torx® Tamper-Resistant Screws contain a solid post formed in the middle of the recess during the heading process. The solid post blocks the insertion of an ordinary Torx screwdriver or any other driver. This added security feature makes it nearly impossible to remove without a unique tamper-resistant tool. Torx® Tamper-Resistant Screws that are available at Tanner are: masonry screws, self-drilling screws, sheet metal screws, and cap screws. Continue to read below for more information about each type of Torx® Tamper-Resistant Screws offer at Tanner.
Torx® Tamper-Resistant UltraCon® Masonry Screws are the perfect combination of the security of a Torx® tamper-resistant drive and the superior quality and easy installation of an UltraCon® masonry screw. These screws are the optimal fastening solution for use in concrete, brick, or hollow block. The special Hi-Lo threads on the Torx® Tamper-Resistant UltraCon® Masonry Screws lead to a greater resistance to pullout and also creates stronger fastening in masonry materials. These tamper-resistant masonry screws are coated with Stalgard® finish to provide superior corrosion resistance. The Stalgard® finish helps prevent red rust and other base material corrosion on significant surfaces, even after 800 hours of 5% neutral salt spray exposure (ASTM B117).
Torx® Tamper-Resistant Self-Drilling Screws eliminate the separate drilling and tapping operations for a faster, more economical installation process. This is possible because the Torx® Tamper-Resistant Self-Drilling Screws have a sharp, clean and consistent drill point, excellent thread engagement and holding power. What makes the Torx® Tamper-Resistant Drive System one of the most efficient fastening systems available is its ability to transfer greater torque, reduce end load, and virtually eliminate tool slippage. These fasteners are nearly impossible to remove without the special tamper-resistant Torx® Drive tool. Torx® Tamper-Resistant Self-Drilling Screws offered at Tanner are: pan head screws made from hardened 410 stainless steel, button head and flat/oval head screws, which are both made from zinc plated case hardened steel.
Torx® Tamper-Resistant Sheet Metal Screws are a high strength, one-piece, one-side installation fasteners, with the unique ability to “tap” their own mating internal thread when driven into preformed holes in metallic and nonmetallic materials. These screws have the ability to form or cut their own mating thread, creating an unusually good thread fit, which enhances resistance to loosening in service. They also have the ability to be disassembled and are generally reusable. Torx® Tamper-Resistant Sheet Metal Screws offer at Tanner are: button and flat head screws. Each head style is made in zinc plated case hardened steel and 18.8 stainless steel.
Torx® Tamper-Resistant Cap Screws have many of the same security features as the Torx® Tamper-Resistant Sheet Metal Screws. These screws are used in facilities where tamper-proofing is essential to reduce vandalism, tampering, and theft. Tanner offers three head style of Torx® Tamper-Resistant Cap Screws: button head, flat head, and flat head undercut. Each head style is made in zinc plated case hardened steel and 18.8 stainless steel.
We are happy to announce Nord-Lock Wedge Lock Washers are now available to you, our customers, on the Tanner website. Nord-Lock wedge lock washers have been rigorously tested and approved by independent institutes as well as certification authorities. Nord-Lock wedge lock washers are used in numerous industries such as: energy, transportation, offshore, mining and quarrying, construction and bridge building, manufacturing and processing, ship building, forestry and agriculture, heavy vehicles, and military. Nord-Lock washers are approved by several industry standards and specified by numerous international companies. Over the operational life cycle, Nord-Lock wedge lock washers give increased operational reliability and lower maintenance costs while significantly reducing the risks of production stops, accidents and warranty claims.
Proven in Junker Vibration Test
The Junker test, according to DIN 65151, is considered the most severe vibration test for bolted connections. During the test, the joint is exposed to transverse movements underneath the bolt head / nut, while the clamping force is continuously measured. Nord-Lock washers are proven as a safe bolt securing system according to DIN 65151 tests performed by the independent research organizations IMA and CETIM. In addition, Nord-Lock personnel perform over 10,000 live Junker vibration tests around the globe every year.
Nord-Lock Washers provide more than just a safe locking function, using Nord-Lock products also improves the general performance of a bolted joint.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Maintains high clamp load and thereby ensures the function of the joint
- Quick and easy to install and remove with standard tools
- Locking function not affected by lubrication
- Defined and uniform friction conditions which result in a more accurate preload
- Same temperature characteristics as standard bolt / nut
- Reusable – in addition, Nord-Lock washers do not affect the reusability of fasteners
- The washers are hardened and can support and distribute great loads
- High corrosion resistance
- Can be used with fasteners up to grade 12.9 (ASTM A574)
- Reliable locking, even for joints with short clamp length
- Secures fasteners at both high and low preloads
- No retightening needed
- Verifiable locking function
- Elegant solution and problem solving – modern engineering
The two new Buyers Clubs available to you, our customers, are: Curtain Wall & Window Buyers Club and Electrical Contractors Buyers Club. These Buyers Clubs will help you save money on those essential products that you use daily on the jobsite. Be sure to check back frequently as we will be changing and adding new specials over time. And don’t forget about the Rewards Program that we will be rolling out soon! Check out all the great deals we are running on the flyers below. To start shopping now, click on one of the flyers and you will be taken directly to that department.
Have suggestions? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and if enough people suggest the same items, we’ll see about adding them.
Welcome to Tanner’s New Buyers Clubs! We are offering you, our customer, special pricing on a handful of essentials that you would use daily on your typical job site. At the moment we currently have two Buyers Clubs, with more to come soon. The two currently available to you are: General Contractors Buyers Club and Door & Locksmith Buyers Club. Each one has a select group of products that are essential to your specific trade. Visit back frequently as we change & improve our specials and be sure keep an eye out for the rewards program we are working on! Check out our two flyers below for all the deals we are currently running.
Have suggestions? Send us an email to email@example.com and if enough people suggest the same items, we’ll see about adding them.
The DBI Sala Delta Personal Safety Kits are the only choice when you are looking for a top of the line Personal Safety Kit. Each kit contains a 5 Point Adjustable Harness, a 6′ EZ Stop Shock Absorbing Lanyard, and a DBI Sala Gear Bag. There are two different harnesses and lanyards to choose from for these kits.
- 1102000 Harness with 5 Point Adjustment and Tongue Buckle Leg Straps
- 1102008 Harness with 5 Point Adjustment Side D-Rings and Tongue Buckle Leg Straps
- 1246200 EZ Stop 6′ Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 1246022 EZ Stop 6′ 100% Tie-Off Shock Absorbing Lanyard
The Protecta Pro Personal Safety Kits are a great choice when you are looking for a high quality Personal Safety Kit. Each kit contains a 5 Point Adjustable Harness, a 6′ Pro-Stop Shock Absorbing Lanyard, and a Protecta Gear Bag. There are three different harnesses and two lanyards to choose from for these kits.
- Harness with 5 Point Adjustment and Pass Thru Leg Buckles (1191201 – Medium/Large or 1191202 – Extra Large)
- Harness with 5 Point Adjustment and Tongue Buckle Leg Straps (1191237 – Medium/Large or 1191238 – Extra Large)
- Construction Harness with 5 Point Adjustment and Tongue Buckle Leg Straps (1191209 – Medium/Large or 1191210 – Extra Large)
- 1340220 Pro-Stop 6′ Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 1340240 Pro-Stop 6′ 100% Tie-Off Shock Absorbing Lanyard
The Protecta First Personal Safety Kits are a good choice when you are looking for a economical Personal Safety Kit. Each kit contains a 5 Point Adjustable Harness and a Protecta Gear Bag or Pouch. The kits also include a choice of the following: a Lanyard, SRL and Pass Thru Adapter, or Lanyard and Pass Thru Adapter.
- AB17550 Harness with 5 Point Adjustment and Tongue Buckle Leg Straps
- 1191995 Harness with 5 Point Adjustment and Pass Thru Leg Straps
- AB17532 Harness with 5 Point Adjustment and Pass Thru Leg Straps, Attached AE57610 First 6′ Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 1340250 Pro-Stop 6′ 100% Tie-Off Shock Absorbing Lanyard with Rebar Hooks
- 1340220 Pro-Stop 6′ Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- 1341001 Pro-Pack 6′ Shock Absorbing Lanyard
- AE57610 First 6′ Shock Absorbing Lanyard
Pass Thru Adapter:
- AJ47410 6′ Pass Thru Adapter
- 3101112 Protecta 8′ Rebel SRL
Come join us at Tanner’s Long Island City location for M.K. Morse Day. It will be a day filled with new product demos, great money saving deals, fantastic giveaways, and much more. M.K. Morse Day will be held on Thursday, March 27th from 7am – 3pm. Our Long Island City location is located at: 48-18 Van Dam Street, Long Island City, NY 11101.
We will be hosting a M.K. Morse manufacturer rep. Tony DiGianni, he has been representing M.K. Morse since 1979. He will be demonstrating and answering questions about the following M.K. Morse products:
- The new 7″ and 9″ Metal Devil Saws in addition to the 14″.
- The new 811 portable band saw blades.
- Their line of reciprocating blades, in addition to new blades, to show their superior performance.
M.K. Morse products offer cost effectiveness, safety, and speed/quality of cut. In addition to this all aspects of M.K. Morse saw blades are made in the U.S.A.
Special deals we will be running include:
- Buy any Metal Devel Saw and get a free NXT Steel Cutting Blade.
- Buy $50 of M.K. Morse products and receive a free reciprocating assortment kit (RBKITHD01).
- Buy 3 50 packs of reciprocating blades and get a 4th pack free.
- We will also be holding a raffle for a 7″ Metal Devil Saw and Hole Saw Kit for those who come out to M.K. Morse Day.
*These specials are on site only for Thursday March 27th, so make sure not to miss out!*
With the harsh winter winding down, it’s a good time to check out the damage that has been caused by the vast amounts of inclement weather. A huge danger from this type of prolonged inclement weather is delayed embrittlement failures. These failures are caused by the presence of hydrogen which is generated in dissimilar metal applications. Galvanic reactions between dissimilar metals such as aluminum and steel, in the presence of moisture, reduces detrimental hydrogen. This can destroy the integrity of fastener grain boundaries, leading to sudden and potentially catastrophic failures.
To cope with such failures, Elco Construction Products has developed a line of products that utilize Flex Technology. This state of the art technology incorporates high performance and near immunity to these delayed embrittlement failures. These fasteners are made from special alloy materials that receive proprietary heat treatments and tempering processes. The Flex Technology line of products far exceed any standard fastening formats available. They allow designers and system manufacturers to manage their risks and enhance the performance of critical connections. All Flex Technology products also feature Stalgard durable, multi-layer, corrosion-resistant coatings, which are engineered to provide optimal performance in demanding construction applications. These finishes are environmentally friendly and are free of chromates and silicates, that might induce hydrogen embrittlement, preventing structural failures. To be sure you have the best fasteners for critical connections on the market, shop for Flex Technology Fasteners here at TannerBolt.com.
Typical Flex Technology applications include:
Dissimilar metal applications
Windows, doors & skylights
Blast protection systems
Solar panel racking support systems
Curtain wall systems, stone facades
Insulated metal panels
Flex Technology fasteners available here at Tanner include the following products.
Bi-Metal Hole Saws
Lenox’s unique tooth shape evenly distributes the cutting force over a wider area of the tooth. The variable tooth set and height ensure that each tooth works independently, with super efficiency. This means that Lenox hole saws are virtually indestructible. They will cut faster and cleaner and last longer than other hole saws.
- New, patented hole saw design keeps Lenox ahead of the competition
- Shatter Resistant
- Patented variable tooth set and height ensure that each tooth works independently, with super efficiency
- Lenox’s unique tooth shape evenly distributes cutting force over a wider area of the tooth
- Virtually indestructible, they will cut faster and cleaner and last longer than other hole saws
Arbored Hole Saws
The Lenox Tools Arbored Hole Saw is a long lasting, fast cutting and versatile accessory. The Durable Tuff Tooth design is reinforced to cut stronger and last longer. The variable tooth layout resists tooth strippage and the high speed steel teeth resist breaking. This hole saw is ideal for metal, plastic and wood cutting.
- 2″ cutting depth
- Thick backing plate resists damage and increases life
- Includes Lenox 5L arbor with 1/4″ pilot bit
- Resists tooth strippage – bi-metal constructions creates a hardened edge to minimize tooth stripping
One-Piece Diamond Hole Saws
- No arbor required
- Split point pilot bit for faster penetration and less walking
- Over sized slot in hole saw for easy plug removal with low torque, little pressure required for fast, easy cutting
- Continuous, brazed edge lasts longer in tile and stone
- Little pressure required for fast easy cutting
- Continuous brazed edge lasts longer in tile and stone
Diamond Hole Saws
Diamond coated hole saws are designed for long life and fast cutting in tile and stone. Brazed diamond edge for more holes in tile and stone. Robust hole saw design for greater durability in tough applications. Cuts holes in less time than carbide grit or carbide tipped hole saws. Round holes make removing plugs faster and easier. Sizes range from 7/8″ tp 2-1/2″. Uses standard arbor.
- Long Lasting – Brazed diamond edge for more holes in tile and stone
- Durable – Robust design for greater durability in tough applications
- Fast Cutting – Cuts holes in less time than carbide grit or carbide tipped hole saws
- Easier Plug Removal – Round holes make removing plugs faster and easier
- Uses a Standard Arbor or Snap-Back Arbor
All of our Lenox Hole Saws can be found here. Along with the hole saws featured above we also offer Lenox Hole Saw Kits and Lenox Arbors & Accessories. Let Tanner be your #1 choice for hole saws and hole saw accessories.