Champion Cutting Tool Corp. developed the Brute Platinum product line to outperform costly cobalt drill bits. Brute Platinum drills are designed to penetrate faster and have more flexibility, leading to less breakage and a longer tool life. The Brute Platinum product line is the leader in heavy duty metal cutting.
Outperforming the Competition
Brute Platinum drills are engineered for high performance in the toughest materials and environments. Developed from a combination of high quality raw materials, specific geometries and surface treatments; Brute Platinum Drills provide the user with a consistent, predictable and repeatable high performance drilling experience. All Brute drills feature Champion’s exclusive NOMO (Nitride on Margins Only) surface treatment. The combination of all these aspects make Brute Platinum Drills the ultimate workhorse for any metal drilling application.
Proven to penetrate faster than cobalt drills, the XL5 Jobber Drills feature a precision ground 135° split point that eliminates the need for a pilot hole. The split point also prevents “walking” and has the ability to bite right into #300 & #400 series stainless steel.
- Users state lower fatigue levels, less force is required to drill
- Less breakage due to unique “toughness: hardness” ratio
- Ability to flex when cobalt drills chip or snap
- Straight Shank
- Heavy Duty
- High Speed Steel with Black & Bright Finish & NOMO® Surface Treatment
- 135° Split Point
- Heavy duty 135° split point for self-centering and quick penetration
- Three flatted shank designed to ensure positive grip in keyless drill chucks
- High Speed Steel with NOMO® Surface Treatment
- Strong, rigid overall length
- Heavy duty web geometry provides added rigidity
In the addition of Twist Drills, the Brute Platinum product line also includes a number of other popular metal cutting tools.
- Twist Drills
- Chassis Reamers
- Bridge Reamers
- Spiral Point Taps
- End Mills
- Cutting Lubricants