Threaded Rivet Nuts Solve Thin Material & Blind Fastening Problems
When looking for fastening solutions for applications in thin materials where there is access from only one side of the working material, also known as a “blind” application, threaded rivet nuts can be the fasteners you are looking for. Threaded rivet nuts, also called blind threaded rivets, blind rivet nuts and threaded inserts, have the ability to provide permanent load-bearing threads in thin materials. Rivet nuts are ideal for tubing, extrusion, and similar applications.
- Made from aluminum, brass, steel or stainless steel
- Use in place of tapped holes, weld nuts, rivets, self-drilling & tapping screws
- Only need access from “front” side of the workpiece
- Provide strong permanent metal threads in metal or plastic materials
- Can be installed in materials as thin as 0.020″ / 0.50mm
- Help promote thinner and lighter product designs
Threaded Rivet Nut Classifications
Threaded rivets nuts can be classified into two basic groups – Standard Thread Rivet Nuts & Heavy-Duty Threaded Rivet Nuts
Standard Rivet Nuts: Are designed for most standard blind fastening applications that require permanently installed threads.
- Available in unified and metric thread sizes #6-32 to 1/2″-16 and M4 thru M10
Heavy-Duty Rivet Nuts: Are designed for more demanding, high-performance blind fastening applications that require permanently installed threads. Heavy-duty rivet nuts feature heavy-duty head and sidewalls.
- Available in unified and metric thread sizes #4-40 to 1/2″-13 and M3 thru M12
How to Set a Threaded Rivet Nut
Tanner Has the Rivet Nuts for Your Next Job
Choosing threaded rivets nuts can help save you time and money by eliminating additional hardware, resulting in fewer parts and fewer assembly steps. At Tanner, we can help you save even more by shopping online from our wide selection of threaded rivet nuts for any application you may encounter.