When rescuing a fallen worker the last thing you want to do is complicate the situation. The DBI Sala Rollgliss R550 Rescue and Descent Kit helps keep things simple. The R550 is the lightest, most compact, and easy to use design on the market. It offers the choice of rescue, evacuation, or the versatility of assisted rescue with lifting capabilities. This system can be used for a secure, automatic rescue and descent for cell phone towers, aerial lifts, cranes, wind towers, buildings, and much more. You can also choose between two different models: one with a rescue wheel or one without the rescue wheel (for descent applications only).
The DBI Sala Rollgliss R550 Rescue and Descent System is great to use in emergency escape situations. First secure the R550 to an anchor point. After anchoring, connect the snap hook to dorsal or front d-ring of harness and then you can descend safely down to the ground. In an assisted rescue situation secure the R550 to an anchor point. Once in position above the victim, securely attach the snap hook to the victims harness. Then gently raise the fallen victim so they can be unhooked from their fall protection gear. After they are unhooked, descend them safely to the ground. In situations where the victim is out of reach, you will need to perform a pick-off rescue. Secure the Rollgliss R550 to an anchor point and lower a second rescuer down to the victim. When they are in position the second rescuer can now securely attach themselves to the fallen victim. Once securely attached, they can be raised to safely unhook the victim from their fall protection gear. Once unhooked the rescuer and victim can safely descend down to the ground. The Rollgliss R550 Rescue and Descent System can also be used in custom rescue situations like an angled descent. The R550 system will need to be securely anchored on or near the ground. The rope will now need to be run through a pulley above the victim. Once attached to the rope, the victim can gently be raised so they can unhook from their fall protection gear. After being unhooked they can safely be lower to the ground, away from the structure.
- Function: Rescue, Escape, Evacuation
- Capabilities:Rescue (Ascending & Descending), Escape, & Evacuation
- Material: Kernmantle Rope
- Secure, automatic rescue, and descent for cell phone towers, aerial lifts, cranes, wind towers, buildings and more..
- Can be used for: emergency escape, assisted rescue, pick-off rescue, and custom rescue
- It offers the choice of rescue, evacuation, or the versatility of assisted rescue with lifting capabilities
- Intended to lower one or two people simultaneously from an elevated height to a lower level in a rescue situation
- Configured to allow a Power Drill to be attached to the center of the Rescue Hub which can be used in remote assisted rescues to raise the fall victim
- Equipped with an i-Safe™ Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag
- This equipment is intended to be installed and used by persons trained in its correct application and use
- Maximum weight: 1 Person: 130 lb. – 310 lb. (59 kg – 141 kg) or 2 Persons: 130 lb. – 620 lb. (59 kg – 282 kg)
- Maximum Allowed Descent Height: 1 Person: 1,640 ft. (500 m) when system length permits or 2 Persons: 574 ft. (175 m) when system length permits
- Lengths available: 50, 100, 150, 200, 275, 300, 325, 350, 400, and 500 ft.
Check out the DBI Sala Rollgliss R250 Pole Rescue Kit Blog Post