Stainless Steel Threaded Concrete Anchors by Elco®
The Only Choice for Concrete & Masonry Applications in Highly Corrosive Environments
Elco® Construction Products help provide improved building integrity, ensure strength, and can perform even in the most demanding environments. To meet the needs of the wide range of concrete and masonry applications in corrosive environments, Elco® offers three different stainless steel concrete and masonry anchors:
Read on to learn more about the features and benefits of using these concrete and masonry anchors.
The Corrosion Resistance of 300 Series Stainless Steel in a Threaded Concrete Anchor
Aggre-Gator® Bi-Metal Threaded Concrete Anchors are made from 300 series (18-8) stainless steel alloy, providing an unmatched corrosion resistance for your toughest applications. The Silver Stalgard® GB Coating protects aluminum components from accelerated corrosion when it comes in contact with 300 series stainless steel. The gimlet point of the Aggre-Gator® fasteners allow for quick starts and make them an ideal anchor for treated, wood-to-wood applications. When working with block and concrete, the fused and hardened steel tapping threads make installation easy and provide a tight hold into the material.
- Bi-metal technology – 300 (18-8) stainless steel head and shank
- Fused and hardened steel tapping threads and gimlet point
- Alternating, hi-low notched thread profile
- Silver-colored Stalgard GB coating
- Hex washer head and TrimFit® flat head designs
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Long service life
- High strength and ductility
- Offers greater galvanic compatibility in dissimilar metal applications involving aluminum
- Thread profile provides quick cutting and stability during installations
- High in-place value over life of structures
- Exposed anchoring/coastal/wet areas
- Aluminum enclosures
- Hurricane shutters/windows/awnings/thresholds
- Curtain wall & window wall support anchors
- Stone facade support anchors
- ACQ-treated wood
410 Stainless Steel with Stalgard® Coating for Excellent Corrosion Resistance
UltraCon® SS4 Masonry Anchors combine the proven strength and performance of UltraCon® anchors with the outstanding corrosion resistance of Stalgard® Coating over 410 stainless steel. UltraCon® SS4 Masonry Anchors are the ideal choice for jobs involving highly corrosive environments. In a Pull-Out Test in 4.4 KSI Concrete, full embedment 2″, the Ultracon® SS4 Anchors far out performed the ITW’s 410 SS Tapcon® Anchors.
- UltraCon® SS4 – 3,294 lbs. Pull Out Value
- ITW 410 SS Tapcon® – 2,666 lbs. Pull Out Value
UltraCon SS4 Anchors and ITW’s 410 Stainless Steel Tapcon Anchors were put to the test and subjected to 1,500 hours of salt spray testing (per ASTM B117). Typical results from the salt spray testing can be seen in the samples shown to the right. As you can see the UltraCon SS4 Anchors show no signs of red rust even after 1,500 hours of salt spray testing.
Features and Benefits:
- 410 stainless steel
- 1/4″ diameter
- Installs with standard 3/16″ masonry drill bit
- 1-1/4″ to 4″ lengths
- Hex washer and phillips TrimFit® flat heads
- V-notched twin lead threads
- Gimlet point
- Silver Stalgard® coating provides 1600 hours of salt spray protection per ASTM B117
- Miami-Dade Florida NOA pending
Extraordinary Strength and Fastener Performance
Crete-Flex® SS4 Masonry Fastening System is a family of high performance 410 stainless steel masonry anchors. These anchors deliver corrosion resistance, installation consistency, and outstanding performance when working with concrete and hollow block.
Oversized Threads: #14 diameter Crete-Flex® Anchors have a .268″ O.D. and .201″ I.D. These root diameters are much larger than standard concrete anchors and help provide exceptional performance, including higher shear values.
Unique Thread Design: Crete-Flex® are made with resilient 40º threads to help enhance thread engagement and “V” notches for efficient tapping. These 2 features help provide exceptional mechanical strengths.
Superior Corrosion Resistance
Special Heat Treatment: Heat treatment is necessary for added corrosion resistance and tapping into concrete. Typically 410 stainless steel fasteners are case hardened, but this can adversly impact the fasteners ductility and corrosion resistance. Due to this Crete-Flex® Anchors get a special heat treatment to help allow the 410 stainless steel to retain more of its natural corrosion resistance and ductility.
Unique Finish: Crete-Flex® Anchors all recieve Elco’s unequaled Stalgard® coating. In combination with the special heat treatment, Crete-Flex® Anchors boast superior corrosion resistance. Crete-Flex® Anchors showed no signs of red rust, even after 1,600 hours in a salt spray cabinet (per ASTM B117).
- 410 stainless steel
- Oversized #14 diameter
- Shank (unthreaded section): .214″
- Major thread diameter (O.D.): .268″
- Minor thread diameter (I.D.): .201″
- Heavy-duty, V-notched thread with larger crosssectional area (25% greater than other commonly-used masonry fasteners)
- Hex washer, flat, hex flange and TrimFit® flat heads available
- Gimlet point
- Special heat treatment
- Silver Stalgard corrosion-resistant finish provides 1600 hours of salt spray resistance
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Installed with a 7/32″ carbide-tipped masonry drill bit
- Exceptionally high shear values and pull?out values
- Enhanced corrosion resistance
- Easy and consistent installation