Screw-Bolt+™ – The New Standard for Heavy Duty Screw Anchors
High Performance Screw Anchors
One of the newer products put out by DEWALT® Engineered by Powers™, is the Screw-Bolt+™ High Performance Screw Anchors. These screw anchors are one piece and have a finished hex head. Screw-Bolt+™ Anchors are very user friendly, with a simple installation process, easy identification, and are fully removable. They feature a patented thread design that is designed to be used with standard ANSI drill bits, which reduces installation torque and enhances productivity by reducing installation time. The heavy duty steel threads tap into the drilled hole during installation to provide a keyed engagement and allow for reduced edge and spacing distances.
Screw-Bolt+™ Screw Anchors are Available in..
Screw-Bolt+™ Screw Anchors are Suitable for Installation in..
- Normal-weight concrete
- Sand-lightweight concrete
- Concrete over steel deck
- Concrete masonry
- Solid clay brick
Yes, the Screw-Bolt+™ Screw Anchors will be replacing (2) lines of Powers products: Wedge-Bolt® Screw Anchors and Wedge-Bolt+® Screw Anchors. There is still a limited amount of stock available for the (2) product lines, but once the stock is depleted there will be no more made. In regards to the 316 Stainless Steel Wedge-Bolt™, this product has transitioned to the DEWALT® Engineered by Powers™ brand and will continue to be manufactured.
Key Features & Benefits of the Screw-Bolt+™ Screw Anchors
- Designed for standard ANSI tolerance drill bits
- Patented thread design offers low installation torque
- Tough threads for tapping high strength concrete
- Ratchet teeth on underside of hex washer head lock against the fixture
- Can be installed closer to the edge than traditional expansion anchors
- Fully removable and reinstallable in same hole
- Fast installation with powered impact wrench
- Diameter, length and identifying marking stamped on head of each anchor
- One-piece, finished head design
Screw-Bolt+™ Screw Anchor Approvals & Listings
- International Code Council, Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), ESR-3889 for concrete. Code compliant with 2015 IBC, 2015 IRC, 2012 IBC, 2012 IRC, 2009 IBC, and 2009 IRC
- Tested in accordance with ACI 355.2 and ICC-ES AC193 for use in structural applications in concrete under the design provisions of ACI 318 (Strength Design Method)
- Evaluated and qualified by an accredited independent testing laboratory for recognition in cracked and uncracked concrete including seismic and wind loading (Category 1 anchors)
- Evaluated and qualified by an accredited independent testing laboratory for reliability against brittle failure, e.g. hydrogen embrittlement