Below is an example of a label that is found on United Abrasive grinding wheels with all pertinent information a user needs to operate the wheel.
- This is the marking system used to identify wheel type.
- “A” – primary grain used to make the wheel, A= Aluminum Oxide
- “24” – size of the abrasive grain
- “R”- hardness of the bond, R is medium
- “BF”- type of bond used, BF is Resinoid Reinforced
- “General Purpose Grinding On All Ferrous Metal”
- This is a general description of the wheel.
- “4-1/2 x 1/4″
- This is simply the size of the wheel in inches.
- “4-1/2” is the diameter
- “1/4” is the thickness of the grinding wheel.
- Type 27- wheel configuration
- 7/8 – arbor size
- #20063- part number
- Grind- short application description
- Each wheel will display a tool icon for easy selection
- 13,300- Maximum RPM
Bar code and Safety Information is included on every wheel in the lower left hand corner.
Want even more information on grinding wheels and how they work? Check out our article on The DNA of a Grinding Wheel.
Posted by on Wednesday, July 18, 2012