Tanner recently added a new line to our product offerings: Metacaulk® Firestopping Products.
Since firestopping products are new to some of our customers, I’m linking to a presentation that gives a crash course on firestopping.
Here’s what the Firestopping 101 presentation covers:
- What is firestopping?
- How “fire compartments” reduce the spread of fire
- Which building areas are usually responsible for fire & smoke spreading?
- How do firestopping products work?
- Typical firestopping products
- Standards method of fire tests of through-penetration firestops (ASTM E814 / UL 1479)
- What is a through-penetration firestop system
- What is a fire rated joint system?
- Building codes that require firestop
- Key firestop terms and definitions
If you have any questions or want to know more about firestopping, just let us know.